Short-term Research Stays
Call for proposals for the promotion of short-term research stays at Johannes Gutenberg University Mainz/Germany for foreign (prospective) PhD candidates in the fields of humanities and social sciences
To support and promote the internationalization of research projects in the fields of humanities and social sciences, the Gutenberg Council for Young Researchers (GYR) offers funds for (prospec-tive) PhD candidates from abroad who want to come to Johannes Gutenberg University Mainz (JGU) for a short-term research stay.
It’s the Council’s aim to attract excellent PhD and master students from abroad and to promote the exchange between young researchers from foreign institutions and JGU’s young and established researchers.
Both sides - PhD and master students from abroad and the hosting institution/researchers at JGU - can examine whether planned or ongoing research projects are feasible and transferable on an international scale.
Intended purpose and funding
Eligible for funding are
- stays in working groups at JGU
- cooperation with JGU researchers who are relevant for the ongoing or planned PhD or research project
Per short-term research stay, you can apply for funding of up to EUR 750 for travel and accommodation costs. The minimum period of a short-term stay is two weeks.
Persons entitled to apply
Entitled to apply are
- Prospective PhD candidates from abroad who have already contacted a potential supervisor for a PhD project at JGU;
- PhD candidates from abroad who have already contacted group leaders and/or es-tablished researchers at JGU;
- Group leaders of JGU whose research demonstrably benefits (in a sustained manner) from the research stay of a PhD candidate at JGU;
- JGU researchers who want to attract young researchers from abroad for a PhD or a postdoc position at JGU.
Please note that you may only apply once per call.
Please note that funding is limited. There is no legal claim to funding.